Interview

Five Fishes Journal interviewed Melanie Browne and I about being writers and co-editors at Leaf Garden Press.

You can read the interview: here.



Mmkayla Roderic and I have been exchanging e-mails and poems for a forthcoming e-chap with Bygawd Books. Jc McCallister, the publisher, has us sending him everything we write together, and he's not been impressed with our crude and vulgar natures. I feel like he's a record executive or something. I'll put a couple of our latest exchanges here, because I can. Look:

World Instruments
and Fairgrounds

Mmkayla,

Would you date
me if I
offered to play
the djembe
with your
boob?

(the right boob,
that left one
looks more
like a conga.)

What if I
brought you
dead roses
in a vase
of stale
semen?


Robert,

I'll fuck you if and when
your ill crafted words
penned are read so
softly they
make
me
swoon
so violently and chaotic
that on solid ground
I tilt
and
whirl
and you let me vomit
on your prick.

And then,
if my clothes
spontaneously combust
and I happen
to still be a slip'n'slide

then i'll let you fuck me.


Subject: Toy Piano

play me
a song on
your toy
piano

we can
pretend
i'm that
bitch
lucy,
and you
can send
me head
over heels

KLUNK!

but I guess
you wouldn't
be pretending.


Subject: Re: Toy Piano

SPEAKER:
if you'd
take a spot beside me on the bench
play the low notes
and
dress appropriately for a grand piano tune
then our toy piano days would be over.

SPEAKER (as Shcroeder):
I heard that
Beethoven is
that young boy
Shakespeare
wrote all those
sonnets about,

SPEAKER:
bitch.

Comments

Popular Posts