Beers. Beats. Books. Battlestar Galactica.

I waited a year to post last time, so I figured I better wait two years this time.

This blog is mostly about my projects. If you're looking for publishing information or services, please see http://righthandpublishing.com. Or send me an email.


Brewing Beer


I've been brewing beer for about seven months or so. Results have varied, but they continue to improve.

I'm currently fermenting a brown ale with coffee and vanilla, and I'm planning a hefeweizen. Maybe I'll write more about this someday when it would actually be helpful for the readers.


Njaim / Sun-Valley Vista split...


Admittedly, I haven't been so productive with my music project. I've been playing and writing but I haven't exactly "released" anything lately. You can see stuff on http://njaim.bandcamp.com.

But my friend from Sun-Valley Vista asked me to do a small split with him. We each put out an original track and a cover of a song written by the other artist.

Sun-Valley Vista's song "song about something" resonated with me.

Sun-Valley Vista covered an old Njaim favorite of mine, "the willow hides."



Leaf Garden Press



Since my last update, Leaf Garden Press has published six new titles with some great authors/poets. Another author and I have one in the works, and I have recently reopened submissions for chapbook-length manuscripts.


Leaf Garden Press will be 10 years old in January, and almost every book is still available with free, name-your-price, and minimum-allowed-by-retailer prices, so you're encouraged to snatch up the entire LGP library. Thanks to anyone that's been a part of the press as contributor, reader, volunteer staff.

As a specific mention, I have an endless amount of gratitude for the privilege of connecting with the late Pyotr Patrushev, even if it was always from across the ocean. We began working together as contractor and client in 2014. When he ran into issues with self-publishing through Amazon, I offered to publish his book through Leaf Garden Press as a book released in association with Peganum Books. We published Project Nirvana: How the War on Drugs Was Won, an excellent dystopian novel that's entertaining and intelligent. We started work on his non-fiction book titled The Transcendental Ape prior to his death. It's a poignant look at religion, mysticism, spirituality, and philosophy through the lens of evolution. (This is a huge oversimplification of the book.)

After his unexpected passing, his wife Alice Messener worked with me to complete The Transcendental Ape and brought me his collection of essays and poetry titled Buddha's Balalaika with the intention of releasing them simultaneously. It has been a major point in my career to honor his legacy and to have worked with such a brilliant writer and human.

Check out http://leafgardenpress.com, and remember almost everything is available in a free edition.










Right Hand Publishing


I offer publishing services (editing, book design, eBook conversions, publishing assistance, etc), so I opened up a separate website just for my work as a freelancer.

Check it out at http://righthandpublishing.com, and feel free to contact me for custom quotes.


The Office


Pretty sure I've seen the entire series of The Office (U.S.) at least four times since my last update. Don't judge me.


See you in a few years when I'm ready to update this blog again.

Comments

Popular Posts